Complete France Forum

Tenants moving out in winter months

Evianers

Some very kind soul once gave us the address in Lille [which is closest to where we live] of an office which gives legal information: we need to know whether our tenants can be requested to leave [with prior six months notice of course] with their four children during the winter months. Could the person who posted this address please put it in again as for the life of us, we can no longer find it under the 100s of favourites. TIA

It was me. Here is a link to ANIL:  http://www.anil.org/ then click on the ADIL link and there is a number for Lille.

When you were going to let, it was mentioned that leases had a minumum time attached to them of two or three years, I cannot remember which. During which time it was very hard to get tenants out, however, they could give notice and leave.

If you contact these people they will explain what the law says and maybe you can let us all know exactly what they have to say about winter months, all I know is heresay.

Thank you so much for your response. However, since we have had our computer 'updated' we can no longer see who is writing to us. Very frustrating. Some problem with the software as others have complained of the same thing. No longer makes it as much fun as it used to be. Have 'saved' again under favourites.

Archived