Complete France Forum

Carte de Sejour

Mademoiselle

Hello,

I'm really confused about how to go about applying for a Carte de Sejour. And is it also called a Titre de Sejour?

Im arriving in Paris tomorrow with a working holiday visa and i'm a non-EU national. I was told that I have to go the the Prefecture in my area with many documents, some of which include proof of health insurance both in France and my home country as well as proof of money on the bank. I do not have health insurance in France, and would like to know how I can get this. Also, what documents have to be translated beforehand.

I have looked on the website for the prefecture but I can't seem to find what I need to bring or where I need to go.

Thank you

What you have been told is basically correct. As a non-EU national, you will need titre de sejour (the terms are basically interchangeable) after 3 months residency in France. As to what documents, what evidence of financial solvency, what health cover, what translations - these requirements are interpreted differently by different prefectures, even different officials. The only way is to ask at your prefecture.

Archived