Complete France Forum

Wrong address on legal papers

Monika

The postal address for our barn (and the address on the legal papers) is different from the address on the planning permission, which has the same address as the Certificate d'urbanism. (The project manager has confirmed with the land registry that the address on the planning permission is the right one!) When we signed the acte de vente we did not notice this difference. Does it matter? Or should we do something about it now?

Monika

Monika,
If I was in your position rather than take anyone's opinions, I would immediately inform the Notaire and seek his advice. At the end of the day he is dealing with these type of problems and will surely know the answer and rectify if necessary.

Baz

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Baz, go straight to the notaire and explain the situation, they are the legal representative for the whole process for both sides so they should know what to do..

Our paperwork was full of errors but lucky for us we spotted them before signing - they had our nationality wrong, they had my wife's madden name and married names the wrong way round which had then lead them to assume we were not married and there was an error in our UK address.

One call to the Notaire and a new set of papers arrived all sorted - not sure what you have to do After signing but the notaire will know for sure.

Paul

Archived