Complete France Forum

Renewing passport

Le_Jars

Hello, yes I've read the FAQ and have downloaded the form, but do I really need one of my photographs endorsed again? I haven't been living here long enough for anyone to know me! Would it be relevant to have it done by the same person that did it before (in the UK)?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just renewed mine at the Consulate. I got my picture signed and it took 5 days. It says so on the form so I got it signed. I wouldn't risk not getting it signed - having it returned, sending it in again - and turning it into a 5 month ordeal.

C

I have just received renewal forms for yet another british passport for an adult from the British Embassy in Paris. It reads as follows

Item 11 - Photographs. Please send two identical copies of a recent photo of yourself which should be in colour,full face,no hat and with white background. The person who countersigns your application should also write on the back of ONE photograph the words "I certify that this is a true likeness of ....., add his/her signature and the date.

Box 12 on the application form states in capital letters THIS SECTION MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE COUNTERSIGNATORY.

We always get the maire to do this and his official stamp is approved.

Archived