Complete France Forum

URGENT HELP PLEASE!

chilton

I hope you can help, I would appreciate some advice regarding a problem with the purchase of a property in France. On the 20 Oct 2004 I signed the initial purchase offer for a barn and land in Indre (36) Later the Compromis arrived and was signed on 16th Nov. this was subject to planning permission and mortgage. the planning permission I was told should take 4 months. Shortly after I applied for a mortgage, which after about two months was declined as I'd only just moved jobs. Not to worry I thought as I'd got time to find another lender given the time I had. I tried other lenders but they were reluctant to process a mortgage until planning permission was granted. Finally in May, 7 months after signing the initial paperwork planning was granted so I re-applied for a mortgage with a broker whom I've had on hold until the planning was excepted. This is now with the bank. The problem is this. Two weeks ago the agent called me with the news that the vendor will wait no longer and requires payment by Fri 10th June! There is no way of course the bank can process a mortgage application with two weeks notice in light of the fact I have to sit on the decision for at least 10 days! So what happens now!!? if they pull out will I get my deposit back? can the vendor set a deadline? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Does anyone know the contact details of a good legal advisor based in the uk? Many thanks Richard Chilton-Williams

Archived