Complete France Forum

All those locked posts

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miki, even if you think it is OK to leave the threads open (which BTW would  just invite a lot of derogatory remarks, in my humble opinion)

there is also the issue of :

>>As you are all aware after recent events the moderators are now taking a much firmer line in general and with impersonators and people with more than one login in particular. We are informed by Forum Admin that both of these offenses now carry an immediate ban with no appeal<< (from http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/666892/ShowPost.aspx)

let's make it clear, people who do this risk being banned in BOTH ids and any futures ones as soon as they are discovered. If the suspicions of forum members and some of the mod team are correct then this would be enough on its own, to ban the person concerned.

[quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="Patmobile"]I'm surprised this post hasn't been locked!

Patrick

[/quote]

I am sorry I don't understand, could you expand your comment a bit please.

[/quote]

I was just joking.  Sorry if I hit a nerve.

Actually I was really interested in the topic of  the Capital Gains Tax

loophole, since I live in France, earn my living here, pay tax here,

and I'm about to sell a property in UK.  I'll look forward to this

topic being re-opened in due course, either the original post, or a new

one.

Patrick

[quote user="Nelson"]Quillan
If this is the case and they are indeed trying to sell this infomation then you will not mind telling were this is happening.
I don`t think that any info so publicly available can be worth very much (money wise that is)
regards colin
[/quote]

You will find out how to get to the information by reading the following thread and following some of the links. Then you will have to do your own research. You will also have to contact other forums. I have nothing further to say on this particular facet of this thread because I simply don't have the time. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact Forum Admin.

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/665836/ShowPost.aspx

[quote]

Miki, even if you think it is OK to leave the threads open

(which BTW would  just invite a lot of derogatory remarks, in my

humble opinion)

there is also the issue of :

>>As you are all aware after recent events the moderators are now taking a much firmer line in general and with impersonators and people with more than one login in particular. We are informed by Forum Admin that both of these offenses now carry an immediate ban with no appeal<< (from http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/666892/ShowPost.aspx)

let's make it clear, people who do this risk being

banned in BOTH ids and any futures ones as soon as they are discovered.

If the suspicions of forum members and some of the mod team are correct

then this would be enough on its own, to ban the person concerned.

[/quote]

I don't see in any possible way how any of that has to do with locking a thread.

And sorry I can't see as I have already stated, why a simple post explaining that the person may be iffy

and  just carry on with the thread. Then the Mods can set about

their detective work of sussing the person out. Now what  is SO

difficult about that ? Everybody should be happy, on both sides, any

derogative remarks, will probably only come from the association of

press report button complainers !

I am so sorry but all this is a load of rubbish now.  The replies these posters got simply showed that the posters on here are not stupid and had sussed out what was going on.

And at least those threads, as I have already said, remained remarkably light and my fellow posters I rather admired some of the wit.

I don't know who keeps running to the mods, but it is ruining this board, it really is. And yes, I can think of certain, but very rare reasons why one should, but really it is just too much at the moment.

Quillan

It was you that stated that searcher 30 was selling the info gained from this forum, not forum admin, all I did was ask you to provide the proof.

If you can`t do this then I ask you to withdraw the aligation.

regards colin

TU, can I just assure you that there is no group of people who repeatedly report posts, complaints have been made by a wide variety of members.

Lets not get too carried away, the mods received complaints about this/these member(s) which required further investigation, they have attempted to contact the user concerned, until such time as we get a response the posts are locked.  It may be that the posts are re-instated

Anyone genuinely interested in any of the topics (Pat mobile for example)is free to re-ask the question concerned and if possible we will join relevent posts to the thread.

Edit: Nelson, Quillan actually said 'it would appear that ' if appearances are deceptive then the person concerned has the opportunity to clear the matter up.

TU/ Miki

I'm with you on reportbuttonitis.

What I don't know is if any of the people who complained by that means tried to contact the poster first, by pm, to make their point that way.

I hope the people who pressed 'report' did try to make their point to the poster by pm first.

Gay I think you will find that the actual words Quillan used were:NOT WHEN YOU FIND THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE ATTEMTING TO SELL IT.

So again all I ask for is the proof or a retraction

regards colin[quote user="Russethouse"]

TU, can I just assure you that there is no group of people who repeatedly report posts, complaints have been made by a wide variety of members.

Lets not get too carried away, the mods received complaints about this/these member(s) which required further investigation, they have attempted to contact the user concerned, until such time as we get a response the posts are locked.  It may be that the posts are re-instated

Anyone genuinely interested in any of the topics (Pat mobile for example)is free to re-ask the question concerned and if possible we will join relevent posts to the thread.

Edit: Nelson, Quillan actually said 'it would appear that ' if appearances are deceptive then the person concerned has the opportunity to clear the matter up.

[/quote]

",......TU, can I just assure you that there is no group of people who

repeatedly report posts, complaints have been made by a wide variety of

members.
"

TU did not say there was !! She merely mentioned that she did not know who kept running to the Mods,

wide variety of folks or not.

She is absolutely right, it seriously undermines a forum if there are

persistent reports, without one at least, trying to PM the person first. Which as TU and I

will confirm, is how we amicably settled our differences some time ago now.

[quote user="Nelson"]Gay I think you will find that the actual words Quillan used were:NOT WHEN YOU FIND THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE ATTEMTING TO SELL IT.
So again all I ask for is the proof or a retraction
regards colin[quote user="Russethouse"]

[/quote][/quote]

So go back and read the post properly and follow the link at the bottom of the post which if you follow will reveal exactly what I said it would reveal. I have absolutly no intention of retracting anything. This thread is NOT about censorship so please keep within the content of the thread. If you read what I said properly you will see I said attempted not suceeded please do not quote words I did not say. That's it now I shall answer your questions no more in open forum. If you have a problem about something which breaks the Code of Conduct then hit the Report button.

Quillan : So go back and read the post properly and follow the link at the

bottom of the post which if you follow will reveal exactly what I said

it would reveal. I have absolutly no intention of retracting anything.

This thread is NOT about censorship so please keep within the content

of the thread.

What !! keep things on

thread,   yes of course, just like you did at 22.42 tonight

on the serious matter on the FN/BNP thread

Quillan : ".....Is he still getting lessons on how to take a penalty from Johnny Wilkinson, sorry couldn’t resist  [;-)]

And before you say that I have made posts not as serious as might

be,  please remember, I am not the one who has just made that

statement.

[quote user="Miki"]",......TU, can I just assure you that there is no group of people who repeatedly report posts, complaints have been made by a wide variety of members."

TU did not say there was !! She merely mentioned that she did not know who kept running to the Mods, wide variety of folks or not. [/quote]

You are quite correct Miki, I was volunteering the information and I am allowed to do that.

".....You are quite correct Miki, I was volunteering the information and I am allowed to do that"

Of course you are but I have to say,  it seemed a rather funny

reply all the same. TU posted her dislike for people complaining and

your reply to her said there were a wide variety of members.

We of course have to take your word for that but nevertheless, saying a wide variety of members complain

worries me and I would suspect others, a lot more, to know of  the

kind of figures that are now complaining..................

Yeah, let's get that report button a status that befits it's new... eeerm status.

It should be much bigger, it should ring bells when touched, (with a message saying 'does this need urgent mod. action and if not, have you tried sorting this out by pm?') and if not the names of all the complainers should come up in big flashy lights, for all to see.

Then we will all know where we stand, or where we fall.[6]

What TU said was >>>I don't know who keeps running to the mods<<<

It is not just one person 'who keeps running to the mods'. Complaints come from different members, not just one member . There is no 'teachers pet' or 'tell tale tit' or 'spy' just ordinary members reporting their concerns about a possible breech in the code of conduct.

[:)] Although it seems hard to credit at present, many issues are resolved quickly and quietly without a forum inquest too - amazing ![:)]

[quote user="Russethouse"]

What TU said was >>>I don't know who keeps running to the mods<<<

It is not just one person 'who keeps running to the mods'.

Complaints come from different members, not just one member .

There is no 'teachers pet' or 'tell tale tit' or 'spy' just ordinary

members reporting their concerns about a possible breech in the code of

conduct.

[:)] Although it seems hard to credit at present, many issues

are resolved quickly and quietly without a forum inquest too -

amazing ![:)]

[/quote]

What the hell are you on about for goodness sake !!

When anyone says "I don't know who keeps running to the Mods", you can be quite sure that it does not mean they think it is, ONE solitary  person running to the Mods.

[:)]Although

it seems hard to credit at present, many issues are resolved quickly

and quietly without a forum inquest too - amazing
![:)]

".........amazing." you say. No, I think the the word you were looking for would be more............ miraculous. Especially if you cannot distinguish between someone saying "

"..... I don't know who keeps running to the mods"

As meaning, more than one person, do you really take us all for fools

?  Do you really think when that is said,  one truly believes

that it is meant as just one person is running to the Mods !!

Unbelievable............................

I thought that 'who' was plural too. Although as my written english is not very good, maybe I am wrong and it isn't. Come on there are plenty of literary folks on here, have I got it wrong or used the wrong word?

And I will say again, but to the multitudes******** who contact the mods for this sort of thing, was it really necessary?

********* have I got the wrong word again?

Archived