Complete France Forum

The family card

Ive just read that there is a card available to families for 18 euros and with it you get discounts, the more kids you have the higher the discount. Ive five kids and could certainly do with this. Where do you get it?.

[quote user="wen"]Ive just read that there is a card available to families for 18 euros and with it you get discounts, the more kids you have the higher the discount. Ive five kids and could certainly do with this. Where do you get it?.[/quote]

OK, I'll bite...

Family card for what? Discount contraceptives? Buses? How about Disneyland Paris?

I read in the paper a couple of years back that the French government were to stop handing out medals to women with more than 12 children. Disappointing really.

I would have thought that if anyone did a scheme like this then it would be the CAF. They would probably want to see your papers,tax returns etc to decide whether or not it could be issued. Try their website and see if it is mentioned.

It is the carte de famille nombreuse. It applies to families with three children and upwards. You get the application form from the SNCF (your local station or agency). I got the forms and was going to apply until I saw that all the documents you need (and believe me, there are lots) must be translated into French if they are not in French. Forget it!

I aint French, I aint got 12 kids, and a medal wouldnt even touch it Nick!. By the way, how does your wife(?)feel about being a trollop(e)?

By the way, we have never complied with that french rule 'translated into french' as English is a European language, France is part of Europe,  and when we've shoved an english texted document into their face and quoted this they have had to accept it. And they have. No way would we pay for anything to be translated into french!.

[quote user="nicktrollope"]

[quote user="wen"]Ive just read that there is a card available to families for 18 euros and with it you get discounts, the more kids you have the higher the discount. Ive five kids and could certainly do with this. Where do you get it?.[/quote]

OK, I'll bite...

Family card for what? Discount contraceptives?

[/quote]

Horse and stable door ?

John

not

Archived