Complete France Forum

staying in France non-EU

jovi

Hi!

Since the Carte de sejour is apparently no longer required how do non-EU citizens stay permanently in France? I understand that proof of income is required such as bank accounts etc althought I'd love to know how much is enough in their eyes. I also understand that you are not permitted to work but if one was to buy for example a farm or vineyard or a tabac, is that allowed?

I can't seem to find up to date information on the net and the info I do find contradicts each other!

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Jovi

You will require a CDS, it's only people who are from EU member states PRIOR to 27th Novembre 2003 that do not require one. Clear as mud that, I shall try and explain. The reason for this was to exclude the new member states that joined the EU after that date.

You will be treated the same as those of us that came prior to that date. So you will require the normal birth and marriage certificates and proof of income and or savings.

As for working, I have two friends who are Rumanian and have been here around 5 years. All they required was their CDS and their Social Security number which you should, I believe, get as part of your CDS. If not once you have your CDS you go to register with CPAM as normal except you won't have a E106.

Hope this helps

The Bureau des Etrangers at the main prefecture for the dept in which you wish to live will furnish all the necessary requirements for your residency. They work alongside the Commisariat de Police who also check things out. This is the office that originally issued CDS for EU residents after the initial application.

Archived