Complete France Forum

Lost the instruction book ?

Iceni

Doubtless some are better organised than others but this reminder may assist someone.

Having found the box containing the breadmaker but not the book we found a downloadable .pdf online. Perhaps not all manufacturers are as helpful as Morphy Richards but you never know.

John

and

Whilst I file all instructions, I have over the past few years downloaded the manufacturers pdf manuals of all new items into a computer file. I find this so much easier, everything is in alphabetical order, easier to read and find the required info. With more manufactures trying to save paper by printing the  instructions far smaller, often needing A1 eyesight (or Magnifier) to read them, so by loading them onto the computer seems the sensible and most practicable way to go. I have also found that now some manufacturers only included with the item  a basic start up manual and are referring you to their internet site for the full manual.

Baz

Having said that, I recently bought a canon printer and their basic start up instructions were about 300 pages long. Granted it was in millions of different languages, but why couldn't they just print a small pamphlet for each language rather than knocking down a rain forest for a book 99% of people arn't going to look at anyway.

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]Having said that, I recently bought a canon printer and their basic start up instructions were about 300 pages long. Granted it was in millions of different languages, but why couldn't they just print a small pamphlet for each language rather than knocking down a rain forest for a book 99% of people arn't going to look at anyway.
[/quote]

300 pages divided by millions of different languages = very, very small pamphlets indeed.

Agreed, though.  Makes me cross.  If you can't get it out of the box and get it to work after kicking it about and swearing at it a bit, you're not qualified to have it.

Archived