Complete France Forum

Cheque emploi service

adam55

You sign up

You are issued with a book of cheques

You pay your "worker" the agreed rate (No less than the SMIC per hour)

You handover the cheque.

The employee receives the ageed sum.

Your bank deducts the employees wages plus their social charges (probably another 50% on top of the amaount the employee receives)from your account

You show the amount paid on your tax return and get some of the amount back in tax relief.

For general information. I am over 70 so it works a little differently for me as I get additional tax relief on payments made using this system.

After I have paid the "worker" the bank credits him/her with that amount only and makes no immediate additional deduction from my account. For each cheque I write I return a simple form to the cheques emploi centre which details the hours worked, rate, payee's number etc. At the end of each month I get a statement from them detailing the social services charges and a prélevement is then made from my account. On my tax return at the end of the year these payments are taken into account. I believe that this year this amount will now be put into my tax return automatically.

In the first instance I applied to my bank for the required form to join the system and it took about a month to get it up and running.

ian

Archived