Complete France Forum

understanding taxe d'habitation bill

tempinfrance

Does anyone know if there is a part on the taxe d'habitation bill that details how many sq. metres / number of rooms etc the taxe has been calculated upon...at the foot of the bill there is an 'H' under the cataegory 'AFF' but I've no idea what this relates to and my French isnt quite good enough to phone and ask how the taxe has been calculated re property size. I would like to find out as I've a ruined, roofless, mising one entire side (for many years) house on my land plus a little barn that has chimney, cosy room, sink etc that i thought the old owner lived in illegally and for which i was about to apply for a permis de construire for to change use....if the taxe d'habitation was calculated for the little barn then I guess its already classed as a habitation and no need for permis...my guess is though, that the owner just carried on paying taxe d'habitation on the house for years and years even after it fell down. If there's taxe d'habitation being paid...i guess there must be something somewhere on my land classed as a dwelling...or am I wrong as usual?!

sorry, to post again but i think someone will know answer to this next question . called Impots and managed to understand enough to find out our tax d'habitation is for a massive space...about three times larger than the (ruined) house itself...are barns and other outbuildings included in calculation of surface space (at the bottom of the bill it just says 'maison')

Many thanks   

Archived