Complete France Forum

selling without an agent

david1968

Hi all

I apologise if this has been answered before but if it has I havent found it yet !

We are looking to sell our holiday property due to a change in circumstances at home (being offered a job overseas). We have only had the property about 12 months and are considering selling it without the use of an agent. We are not doing this to make more money but to offer the house at a resonable price to the buyer and therefore hopefully sell it quicker.

What is the process of selling with the notaire.....

Do we have to see the notaire first before we put the house up for sale or can we just advertise it, find a buyer and then approach a notaire ?

If we want the notaire to put the house 'on his books' so to speak would the notaire actually visit the house or would we provide him details ?

If we wish to sell the house completely furnished what is the best way of offering the contents to the buyer ? Just included in the house price or seperately ?

Can we  put the house up for sale with an agent and still sell it privately. Obviously making sure we dont signed anything that says otherwise

I would also like to hear other peoples experiences of selling without an agent

Many thanks

David

Archived