Complete France Forum

Planning permission to add a window (Normandie)

Pete-Normandy

Ask at the Mairie for a Declaration de Travaux.  Fill it in and return it to the Mairie.  They will send it ff for approval.  It is very unlikely, from your description of the property, that this will be refused.  You do not need a Permis de Construire for what you are proposing.

Hello, we're doing exactly what you're doing and yes, you need drawings

and some photographs. I have taken lots from several angles but I have

done the drawings myself (on the computer). I was told the drawings

(with measurements) were fine.

Le Jars is, of course, an artist but you don't need to be able to draw as well as him or get an architect in to do it for you.  Get some grid-marked paper from a stationers or the supermarket and draw the house facade and roof section to scale; this plus the aforementioned photos should do.  Remember to mark the scale on the drawing.

Merci Cassis :)

In fact the paperwork only asks for a sketch, so I assume it can be

quite crude as long as it's obvious what's what. They were very pleased

I'd added copies of the plan cadastral (one large scale, one smaller of

the whole village.)

in theory you need to do a declaration de travaux if you change the facade / outlook of the house. Photos with the changes drawn on are good, and judging from our mairie's response more than they usually get!

We've just asked for a devis from the builder for changing a window to a porte-fenetre and he says there's no point declaring it as it looks over woods, but we might do it anyway as we don't want any come-back later. The track behind the house was hardly used at all (it doesn't go anywhere other than to a field) until it became the village's favourite Sunday afternoon stroll circuit to see what 'les anglais' have been up to!!

Archived