Complete France Forum

Pensions

ystrad

Basically the answer is no. To get pension credit you need to be habitually resident in the UK .You can get it still get it for up to

four weeks where your absence is unlikely to exceed 52 weeks, and s/he continues to satisfy the other entitlement conditions;

I am sorry I do not know the answer to that question save that how you live in France is based upon the same principles that apply in the UK in other words accordingly to one's income.

However what I do know is that Ystrad or the Ystrad that I know is in the Rhondda Valley.  Are you from Ystrad.

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

Another first time poster, new joiner with this sort of query.

I would have thought that if your level of income is that low, you'll be unlikely to be able to afford to live in France.

[/quote]

Please Tony, is there any need to speak to a first timer in this fashion?  I believe you would prefer this forum to consist purely of the giving and receiving of advice however, in those circumstances you must be prepared for complete circles.

Please allow me to tell Ystrad that Tony is usually very good at giving advice.  I think he may have got out of bed the wrong side this morning.  Or maybe his craving for hot cross buns has rekindled[;-)]

Llwyncelyn, I think we will have to wait and see where Ystrad is from.  There is Ystrad Mynach also remember!

[:D]  Translation:  Never annoy a Welshman (or woman?)!

Probably a load of rubbish that means nothing like the above - I was using an automated English-Welsh online translator.  Can anyone verify, I wonder?

4.00pm and finished working on the gable wall for the day - are you sure it's too early for a pastis? [B]

[quote user="Mark"]

You're only sticking up for him cos he's from that consonant-frenzied western sticky out bit like you [;-)]

[/quote]

Actually Mark, it is my mum who is from the western sticky out bit which, by the ways is not consonant frenzied as 'w' and 'y' are also vowels.  My father is from the wrong side of London, you know the place where the upper crust victorians used to flush their sewerage too.  (Hence the WHU thing).  Also, the same place as TFD is from.  So there you have it, I am torn between the two![:-))]

[quote user="Just Katie "]Mark, I have spent many a night in the Crystal Rooms.  Getting more classy these days though sipping wine on the left bank![/quote]

Small world Katie, although I was more of a scummy Grapes regular myself, then when that place sunk into the ground (literally!) moved on to the Barrels.   

Archived