Complete France Forum

Notaires Fees & Other Costs

mafoo

Hello :)

What a great forum. Have been looking for something like this for ages.

I've done a search and read lots but are still confused about the fees etc etc involved in purchasing a property in France. The place we are looking at is on the market at 190,000e. It's a barn which is currently an empty shell but included in the price is the bottom floor conversion. Can anyone tell me what fees I can expect to pay on top of the cost of the property? When do they normally have to be paid for? We're just trying to work out if it financially viable and want to make sure we have accounted for everything.

I thank you in advance for your help :)

Matt

Basic notaire fees for purchasing an existing property of that value come to 13,200€.

You will pay slightly more if you have a mortgage. This does not include sales commission - if buying through an agency and the price is marked 'FAI' or 'FAC' then the commission is included, if a private sale there will be no commission, if buying through a notaire you will pay 2.5% plus TVA on a property of this value.

Fees associated with mortgages vary according to amount and type of mortgage, but a calculation on a 70% mortgage without guarantees added on an extra 700€. If you need a more exact figure, you will have to ask the notaire concerned.

Timing of payment - so that all money is in the notaire's account by the signing of the acte de vente (i.e. completion).

Archived