Complete France Forum

Annual European Travel Insurance

Someone told me today about a company called "Direct Travel", which was quoted in yesterday's Sunday Express as having the best rates around at the moment for annual european insurance.

I checked out site and the rates were 31 pounds for a single person (up to age 65) and 50 for 2 adults and unlimited number of dependant children. I thought this was a very good deal but, if any of you know of somewhere cheaper, I would be happy to hear about them.

The website for Direct Travel is http://www.direct-travel.co.uk

I hasten to add that I have absolutely NO connection to them - I am just passing on the information in case it can be of use.

Stuart

>Hi,
I`ve been using direct travel for the past three years and have found that the family Annual worldwide policey is very competitive. I would reccommend them but then I have`nt had to claim???
Regards
Ronni

• 4 weeks later...
I've looked at them and found that they don't meet my requirements. In fact i haven't found anyone yet who can.

Currently we're insured with Rescue France. Gives multi trip up to 3 months per trip Max 6 months overall. (how they know how long you've been over, I don't know!)

However or our last trip, we suffered a plane breakdown on the way home and missed our connecting flight. This incurred hotel and additional flight costs amounting to several hundred pounds.
That's when I found that Rescue France will cover missed flights due to mechanical breakdown on the way out BUT NOT on the way home.

Does anyone know of an insurer who will?

Colin

Archived