Complete France Forum

Speedferries - credit where credit is due

Kent

Speedferries have been criticised here recently but I want to give some credit for a change. We have travelled with Speedferries and had good service on both occasions (apart from the awful smell in Boulogne Harbour!)

However I really want to praise them for their customer service today when my problem was dealt with efficiently and sympathetically. My dad has been diagnosed with a serious illness this week and has had to cancel a much looked forward to first trip to my house in 87. Speedferries agreed to cancel and refund the tickets as we do not think he will be fit to travel at all this year.

The customer service rep was polite, courteous and handled the whole thing very professionally.

Thanks Speedferries

Just spoke with my daughter who travelled out last Weds a.m. and back last night (Thurs). They are both quite outspoken in their opinions if they think things are not good value. They said the staff were extremely courteous, service was smooth and on time and they were overall very impressed. The boat is obviously not new, but they didn't think it dirty at all, it was very uncrowded and they thought that a big "plus" is the lack of foot/coach passengers. They paid for the 10 "club" service and said everything was delivered as expected, but as it was not full the first on/first off benefit was a bit marginal and they probably wouldn't bother with it in future.

We are trying it ourselves in July (5 & 27), at 50 return it seemed worth a punt as my Eurotunnel block booking of 5 "homeowners rate" (about 150) returns had run out last month. I'll renew that if Speedferries lets us down, but for midweek travel with no particular deadlines it seems like a good option and anything which brings a more realistic cost/fare model into this market is worth encouraging.
Steve

Archived