Complete France Forum

BF-changes in fare structure

Kaf

BF have done it again! Graham works in the UK and travels back and forward every three or four weeks. Up till August he was travelling on a Tuesday to take advantage of the "starting fare" prices which made quite a difference to the cost, particularly in high season.

When he booked on the web for last week the fare came up higher than in the peak months!

Phoned BF to query and were advised that all starting fare prices have been withdrawn. No prior notice, no apology and no revised brochure. They say that other fares have been reduced and this may well be the case as he ended up travelling to the UK on the Friday instead and it cost him £5.00 less than the usual Tuesday crossing would have been!

Regular users beware! If you haven't booked for two or three weeks you may find a considerable difference in you estimated costs

Karen

Hi All

Yes,I know I'm replying to my own posting!

Having just posted that, the post has arrived with a new BF ferries guide for Sept to March.

According to that, the starting price fares DO still exist, in spite of what I was told.

As a matter of interest, I tried getting a quote for the 0900 from Caen to Portsmouth on Tues 21 Sept which, according to the brochure should be a starting price of £119.00. It gave me a price of £144.00!

All I can say is double check with someone by phone before you accept the quoted price on line!

Karen

Archived