Complete France Forum

stranded in france!

Sassy

Has anyone any news on the "smell a rat" activities of P & O. Cutting all western channel crossings at the beginning of 2005, after declaring profits of 30 million two years ago and now 40 million losses, after cost cutting, reduced services, and redundancy...make sense?  So that leaves us with the option of Brittany ferrries or ..Brittany ferries....guess that means cutting the umbilical with Britain easier.

hi boiling a frog, I take your point having been in the hebrides for a time, but those were the days when I was single and without family. Now with four children the option of flying is a luxury, plus  the cost would be compounded with no local airports to our base in the uk, Brittany is the only option I know but when at least 100 pounds more per comparative trip, regular travel has to be reconsidered.  P & O for all their little failings have served us well over the last decade, and it is with some sadness we bid them adeiu.  Tried to make a booking for December today, and though the proceedure for booking was conducted, no payment was accepted as they were not sure if they would be operating by December.  Should make Christmas on Brittany ferries cosy!

Archived