Complete France Forum

If Speedferries don't sail?

Linnorton

I'm sure this has been covered but can only access the first page of the forum at the moment for some unknown reason.  If Spedferries have to cancel sailings, who do they send you with?  Would like to know because my son and family want to book Boulogne to Folkestone at the end of November and with two very young children they journey will be stressful enough without last minute changes to their plans.

I don't think they send you with anybody. There is no reciprocal agreement with the other carriers, so you get your money back and make your own arrangements. If ensuring that the journey is stress free is the primary concern, then speedferries may not be the best option, but if you can take a chance on a bit / lot of hassel and (like me) cost is of primary concern, then they are fantastic!

For info, SpeedFerries sail to and from Calais (not Folkestone).

SpeedFerries are due to purchase another boat next Spring, but in November they will only have the one boat so there is a slight risk. Their only boat was taken out of action last month to service the engines etc, but apart from that I have not heard of them having to cancel any crossings.

[quote]For info, SpeedFerries sail to and from Calais (not Folkestone). SpeedFerries are due to purchase another boat next Spring, but in November they will only have the one boat so there is a slight risk....[/quote]

Andy,

To and from Calais (not Folkestone)

Friends told us they left from Dover and arrived in Boulogne, was it just bad piloting?

I know they do it cut price but someone must have a map onboard, surely

[quote]Andy, To and from Calais (not Folkestone) Friends told us they left from Dover and arrived in Boulogne, was it just bad piloting? I know they do it cut price but someone must have a map onboard...[/quote]

Quite right - must remember to open my eyes when typing!!! SpeedFerries of course travel from Dover to Boulogne. The point I was trying to make, very badly, was that they sail from Dover and not Folkestone.

Sorry!!

No problems for me Andy, it is too far for us to be of any use whichever port they sail to anyway, more's the pity, as we are stuck with the real ferry pirates, B.F and now with the demise of P&O imminent, one can only guess as to what the price structuring will be for next year. 

Archived