Complete France Forum

Val de Loire to Portsmouth, today

Probably too late for most, but the Val de Loire is in Cherbourg, rather than St Malo, and is leaving at 13:30. (Weather according to BF, a jammed pedestrian access according to my sources...)

Luckily, we have friends coming from Portsmouth, who rang us to say that they were in Cherbourg. We have changed our booking to tomorrow. ******s charged me £5 to change the booking! I'll do something about that!

Is my opinion of BF about to change?

"Luckily, we have friends coming from Portsmouth, who rang us to say that they were in Cherbourg. We have changed our booking to tomorrow. ******s charged me £5 to change the booking! I'll do something about that!

Is my opinion of BF about to change?"

Always wait until THEY change the arrangements. That way you can do pretty well what you like as they will book you on to any other crossing (several days later if that's your choice) at no extra cost. We've worked this several times in our favour as we are in the fortunate position of being able to go home if no boat has turned up at the port.

We've learnt our lesson and now ALWAYS phone the port to check that the boat is on time before leaving home.

More gales forecast for Wednesday/Thursday

Liz (29)

Archived