Complete France Forum

P&O Reduced Service @ Portsmouth

BJSLIV

I see that P&O are starting the annual refit of the Pride  of Le Havre this week.

This means that the service to and from Le Havre is much reduced, with night sailings on alternate days only.This goes through into January.

Its earlier than usual perhaps they are starting to paint it in BF colours?

Anyone who has a booking will presumably already have been contacted.

Some people we know had their P&O booking for the Christmas period cancelled and are having to re-book with Brittany Ferries. I thought they were coming via Cherbourg, but it might have been Le Havre.

P&O, and Portsmouth in particular, seems to be in a total mess at present. The staff have given notice of strike action, while many bits of the company's website are either obsolete, unavailable, or just not working. This includes the news release archive and the press registration/logon section so I can't currently get information out of them.

The current chaos is only to be expected when they announce closure, transfer or something or other. You would have expected them to have given the staff details of a managed transfer / closure processs not simply to make it up as they go along.

I assume they have taken the one boat out early to save money. When we went over a couple of weeks ago, midweek on LH-PO, it was almost like travelling on the Marie Celeste.

Archived