Complete France Forum

4.5% BF price hike overnight!

Tieman

The following is worth keeping in mind for the future.....

Pm Jan 13 I did a major pricing session for our Easter crossings, consulted with my partner and went back to book at 09.30 on the 14th. but prices had gone up overnight by 4.5% on all the western channel combinations I'd worked out!

Talked to BF and they basically said tough, pay the new price but if I'd be on the phone, I could have made at (no charge) "4 day reservations" where the price would have been held but you can't do that via the web site! So for doing all the hard work and not monopolising one of their operators for over 1/2 an hour, the web customer looses out, good deal eh!

Moral is that if your looking to book early in Jan, do it by phone with a 4 day reservation if you need to consult!

Tieman

I can`t believe how Brittany ferries can get away with it, I`ve just booked a ferry crossing for a friend for july , £297, that`s fine but if I make two weeks later it goes up to £500! It`s surely not fair. That`s with owner discount too!

Will,

Please tell me how you did it, My booking was Thursday to Thursday with no overnight???

Portsmouth-Caen??

Cheers

Ronni - I tried Tuesday (known best value day), afternoon crossing from Portsmouth, morning crossing from Caen - again known best value. Standard car, two people. You also get free day cabins on those crossings if owners club full or associate member travelling with car.

Thanks Will , Do you think, with that in mind it pays us (as Gite Owners) to rent out holiday houses  say Tuesday to Tuesday?? instead of Saturday to Saturday??

Just  a Thought......

Archived