Complete France Forum

FLYBE travelling to Brest

Georgina

Sorry, if this has been said before but I am on a go slow with my computer.

Flybe are doing flights from the North of England L&B to Southhampton and Exeter for £19 allegedly, then fly to Brest for £34 from May of this year. I don't know how the connection works out but these are in place until October they told me yesterday. Worth staying in a travelodge or something whilst waiting though I think. They are testing the route to see what the uptake is.

Does anyone know how far the airport is from the train station in Brest please?

Georgina

"Georgina". You forgot to ask me on the phone yesterday when we spoke. Anyway the station at Brest is miles from Guipavas airport,well probably a good 20mins by taxi as it is down near the docks,handy for the Brest 200....festivals. You could possibly get a taxi to another town on the line a bit closer,but its a questions of teeing-up times and arrivals. The best thing that most people flying over do, is to hire a car and I believe they aren't too expensive if you go for a small one.

[quote]"Georgina". You forgot to ask me on the phone yesterday when we spoke. Anyway the station at Brest is miles from Guipavas airport,well probably a good 20mins by taxi as it is down near the docks,handy...[/quote]

Yes, hello Val, just looking at options, for the inlaws and outlaws and friends. However, after the fiasco with the ferries last year, I doubt if my friend will come on those again. Such a shame as we have had several really good trips and her first was a disaster.  Thanks for the info everyone.

Georgina

If you're flying to Exeter with a connecting flight to Brest (or anywhere else) then the nearest Travelodge is about 8 miles away at junction 30 of the M5. There will be B&B's close by - I know cos we're 5 mins drive from the airport! If anyone needs more info, just ask.

Ewa

Archived