Complete France Forum

Buying petrol

Oliver

Hi can anyone help.

Will petrol stations be closed on Easter Sunday. We are travelling from Calais to Gascony mainly by motorway and as it's a bank holiday we were wondering if they closed, I expect the small ones will be but presumably the ones on the motorways will be open??? 

Also I have never been able to get my Britline card to work at the petrol pumps, do I need to get it activated or something ???

Rgds

Oliver

All Sundays ( and most Mondays) are "bank holidays" in France, Oliver,  did you mean Monday?   The only bank Holiday in France for Easter is  Monday Good Friday is a normal working day.

The Autoroute stations are normally open 7j/7j but few, if any garages off the Autoroutes will be on Monday.  Mind you a lot of Supermarkets are installing 24 hour pumps, although these do not normally accept any UK cards, however, with the new UK Chip and PIN Cards, they may be OK.  People have told me that their new C&P cards  work in the supermarkets, however, most petrol stations have a notice saying that UK cards are not accepted, you have to have a CB card.  As far as your CA card not working, I  suggest you phone Britline at least you will have no trouble with the language.

Archived