Complete France Forum

Snow Conditions

leray

Missing out here, no snow in the Saint Malo area................ as yet.

Mind you this morning after putting the bin out (oh yes life here carries on, in London the bin stayed where it was, for the good old London binman to take it out and put back whence it came, here it is a 200 metre hike with a container, the size of which a man could hide in !) a   few snow flakes came down and rested on the lenses of my glasses.

I left them there and automatically leant forward getting a great feel of being quite Alpine, the exciting sound of Ski Sunday was in my ears and for one glorious moment, dreamt of being that brave and wonderful ski jumper................................................Eddie the Eagle.

Ah well if Alexis is right, I might get the chance to do it all again soon

[quote]Missing out here, no snow in the Saint Malo area................ as yet. Mind you this morning after putting the bin out (oh yes life here carries on, in London the bin stayed where it was, for the g...[/quote]

Ah Miki

re. bin collection:

times have changed here in U.K. Nowadays they are not collected and returned from down the garden path and black bags have to be put on the pavement outside, on designated collection day. Soon we are to have wheelie bins and at last more recycling collections.

On the subject of snow, we have have a sprinkling but it's sunny as well so not unpleasant.

Gill

Can give you info from East (Grenoble to  Bordeaux) to West.

There is tons of snow in the Alpes for those skiers, there is actually too much which makes driving hazardous to get to the resorts, you may need snow chains.  Also beware of Parisiens as it is Parisien holiday time!

The main routes are all clear, but only one lane is open through the Massif Central (after Clermont Ferrand) so driving is slow and you need to be careful.  Once in the Dordogne there is just a touch of snow but only a frosting.

To be honest if you are on RN roads and main departmental routes the French are very organised with their ploughs and salt!  It is just the other idiots driving which you have to be wary of!

Deby

You might see the dramatic conditions on the news tonight Miki.  I got to  about 5 km from Leroy Merlin and everything just ground to a great big traffic jam.  It took me 2.5 hours to go from Yffiniac centre up to St René to get across the roundabout and onto the road to Moncontour.  Five minutes after, there wasn't a flake....

I arrived just in time to listen to the radio news and la Manche was bad driving down from Cherbourg. 

I have just seen the weather reports and it points to snow for the next few days around Rennes with a change on Sunday/Monday with temperatures rising during the week. Paris looked to have problems with the airports and getting flights away today, not sure if it affected many though ?

Batten down the hatches but no problems here, I have just picked up the first large batch of wine for the season, Mmm now let's see what shall I start with

Archived