Complete France Forum

Strike next week?

Yes it is still going ahead, well according to yesterdays paper here.

It is the post office again, some teachers and a few other bods. Paris has asked their city strikers to call it off as it comes whilst the Olympic Committee are there for hearing the French bid and that is why the paper was showing concern I reckon !

[quote]Yes it is still going ahead, well according to yesterdays paper here. It is the post office again, some teachers and a few other bods. Paris has asked their city strikers to call it off as it comes w...[/quote]

I think you will find Miki that it is more than "a few bods", it is likely to involve SNCF, EDF/GDF and France Telecom as well as La Poste and schools, there has been n o mention of ports or airports as yet, but who knows who may support the stoppag, secondary picketing is not illegal here 

[quote]Yes it is still going ahead, well according to yesterdays paper here. It is the post office again, some teachers and a few other bods. Paris has asked their city strikers to call it off as it comes w...[/quote]

I think you will find Miki that it is more than "a few bods", it is likely to involve SNCF, EDF/GDF and France Telecom as well as La Poste and schools, there has been no mention of ports or airports as yet, but who knows who may support the stoppage, the CGT is all powerful and secondary picketing is not illegal here 

Archived