Complete France Forum

LHR to Toulouse Direct

Quillan

I have been on several websites (including the BAA one) and can't find any direct flights. In fact according to BAA nobody fly's there anymore from LHR. The 'best deal' via ebookers was via Lyon which took 5hrs + and cost £613 one way in, would you believe, economy class. Does anyone know if these flights still exist and before anyone says fly from Stanstead or Gatwick there is a very good reason why I want a flight from LHR.

I remember Air France used to fly from LHR but they stopped last year (without telling those who had already booked flights) but I remember two BA flights came in before, one from Gatwick and the other LHR. It would seem they kept the droping of the LHR BA flight quiet.

>Wasn't there also some concern about Terry Wogan's travel plans being disrupted?

Yes, that was me :-) He used to take that flight, I chatted with him at the rentals at Toulouse airport once. Genuinely a nice chap.

I travel via LHR to the US. Since the AirFrance/FlyBe flights were cancelled I've tried transferring through Amsterdam and Paris, but got fed up of losing my luggage (4/5 times). Now I either stay over in the UK or get a friend to drive me to Gatwick and grab a pub lunch on the way as a thank you!

It would seem they kept the droping of the LHR BA flight quiet

But it's been several years since this service was dropped surely?  It certainly wasn't operating in the summer of 2002 because coming in to LHR on a BA longhaul flight, I had to do the airport change by bus to "connect" with the onward Toulouse flight.  M

It would seem they kept the droping of the LHR BA flight quiet

But it's been several years since this service was dropped surely?  It certainly wasn't operating in the summer of 2002 because coming in to LHR on a BA longhaul flight, I had to do the airport change by bus to "connect" with the onward Toulouse flight.  M

My wife had to travel from Gatwick to Toulouse by BA in 1995. There was no Heathrow service then.

Archived