Complete France Forum

Accomodation July

Hi

Need to be in Bayeux for 3 nights in July.  Speedferries is so cheap, I am wondering about booking a trip and sorting accomodation once in France.  All the deals that I can see seem so expensive.  Does anybody have any views on cheap accommodation in France at that time of year?

Thanks

Michelle

I can only surmise on the Chambre d'hotes etc as I've never used them, but I am sure that if you post again in the Chambre D'hotes section saying roughly when in July you aim to be there and asking for contact details, I am sure you will get a few good leads. If I had a place there, I would give you my number even if I was theoretically full for July (I understand that last minute cancellations are common!)

However, as I normally only need somewhere to break the journey, I normally use the cheap hotels (Premier Class, Villages, Quick Palace etc) and book in advance. I found that when I booked "on spec" (Ski season looking for places close to the "Route to the Alps" late at night) I had to traipse around before I found anywhere.

Archived