Complete France Forum

Van needed to Transport goods from London - France

arawire

I need to transport some furniture from London to Near Montepllier (Ales) (Size Wise - the goods will take up the size of a Luton van).

I would like to do this around the 14th-18th May.  Does anyone:

(a) know of an empty van coming back to France around this time?

(b) know a cheap van hire place here in France so I can drive to the UK and get the goods?

(c) Does anyone need goods taking back to the UK and we can share the costs? (I'm happy to drive)

(g) Know of a reasonable cheap removal team from UK

(e) Any other suggestions

Thanks

[quote]I need to transport some furniture from London to Near Montepllier (Ales) (Size Wise - the goods will take up the size of a Luton van). I would like to do this around the 14th-18th May. Does anyone:...[/quote]

Hi, I have sent you a PM about a chap who did similar for me!

Hello,

This guy Darren does regular crossings from UK to France and delivers car components, he normally goes with a relatively empty van and he is quite cheap. Remember to negotiate!  Mention my name (Deby) and I am sure he will do you a good deal.

mobile is 0044(0)7900613919 - 24 hours

Also try www.loadup.co.uk

this is a really good website where you can put in your potential load and hauliers can log on and if they have an empty van  can usually do you a good deal.

Try Darren first and always negotiate as they quote the highest first!

Good luck

Deby

Just want to say a big thank you to Deb and Co. for this great piece of information.  Have already spoken to Darren... charming young man.  Also the Load -Up website is great.    If your goods are valuable you can justify the high cost of moving it over to France with a large removal company . but it becomes really difficult when your worldly goods are just useful and sentimental and only enough to fill a small van !!  The Buddah said to get rid of all your worldly goods ..and, boy was he right !!! 

Archived