Complete France Forum

Bed/Breakfast recommendation for Folkestone and Calais

We always stop in either a Premier Class or Formula One type place IN FRANCE, we have stayed in England once, were charged a bomb and all we wanted was the same as you, a bed and a bite to eat first thing before continuing our journey.

France every time now. Oh and the crossings seem cheaper leaving UK in the PM and returning to UK AM, so a late crossing say 8 pm, gets you there at 9pm plus an hour, in bed for 10.30 and up again for 7.30 fresh for travel, same for coming back

Try La Flamanderie in Peuplingues, near Coquelles ( I think thats the spelling).  It is 5 mins drive from tunnel entrance and probably 20mins from ferry port.  Natalie is the owner and there are about 5 /6 en suite rooms and you have your breakfast in your room complete with Fridge and cooker if you require.  Its spotlessly clean, private parking, she is very flexible about your arrival, will take English money.  We have been going there for about three years or so.  I think its 45/50 euros per room and my friend stayed with one child and no extra charge for the camp bed.  Its brilliant for an overnight shopping trip and there is a great restaurant about 3 miles away in Escalles called Restaurant Du Cap.

La Flamanderie  0033321852263

Restaurant du Cap 003321852510 

Hope this helps

Beverly

Archived