Complete France Forum

Offers to Caen

Will

Will,

By booking with a friends UK loyalty wotsit card, I can get very similar prices going from France to UK.

Having checked this week, the French loyalty card does not offer such good discount as the UK home owners card does, from whatever way you chose to travel.

Not surprised though !

Whilst the P&O offer of £70 return sounds ok, you may also think what times do I sail. if like a lot of us you go over for the weekend it's probably Friday afternoon or evening, returning as late as possible on Sunday, we often used the 23.30 return arriving in Pompy at 06.30 ish on the Monday. If you don't get that ferry then if like us in Brittany you'd be leaving your house at Sunday lunchtime to go catch the ferry. 

Hence:

1. 6 hours + to LeHarve, do you want to sit around and drink?, fall asleep on the carpets? etc for that time ? ...or get a cabin? Which combined with this offer is an extra £65.00

2. We all want to spend as many hours at our house as possible which guides you to the night ferry as above...cabin again at £65.00

So is the real price for this offer £200 ?

OK maybe a cabin out is a bit flash but you gotta have one coming back  = £135 ?

Are they giving it with one hand knowing that they can get it back via stealth me thinks, so this weekend for the first time ever we shall reluctantly be on the BF fast ferry to Cherboug at £170rtn with no cabin and 3 hours each way.,,,,But thats only due to Speedferries not working this weekend.

Western route ferries...total piggin scam!!!

Archived