Complete France Forum

ryanair/hertz monopoly?

Hi - whilst booking a flight to St.Etienne with Ryanair we lazily followed the link to the Hertz car hire site and book a car from the airport.  It was all very easy and I think we had a good deal - However once at the car-hire desks we found everybody else had the same idea.  There was a huge queue for Hertz whilts Avis, Europcar etc were all empty with the assistants fiddling their thumbs!!

Is this the case for all Ryanair destinations?  Next time we will def be choosing another firm just so we can get off quicker even if it means paying a little bit extra.

I have to say however that being in a queue does have its advantages as when it was our turn our category of car had run out so we were upgraded!

Dale

I have used Holiday Autos for many years, but on occasions I have got a better deal directly from the major car hire companies, especially Budget. Also, I have found that holiday autos sometimes will not match their prices, this possible occurs more often in the busy hire periods.

Baz

Got caught out in a similar vein when we flew to Limoges. Two hour wait in hertz queue whilst others were empty. However on return it was Europacar with the queue and hertz was empty. Figure that out.

With regards holidayautos you are using an agency, cheap I will grant you, but you could end up with hertz or Europcar anyway.

Bob

"With regards holidayautos you are using an agency, cheap I will grant you, but you could end up with hertz or Europcar anyway."

Very true. As far as I can see there is no way of predicting which car hire company will have the shortest queue.

Gill

Archived