Complete France Forum

British Airways Internet OnLine Check In Recomendation

For those who are flying British Airways, I would strongly recommend taking advantage of their  new enhanced internet online check in service.

For those unfamiliar with it, you automatically get sent an Email by BA 48 hours before your flight confirming your flight details and inviting you to check in on line any time up to 24 hours before departure. To do this, you simply click on a link highlighted in the Email, choose or change your seat and print out your boarding card.

When you get to the airport, if you only have hand luggage you go straight to the gate, which you only need to get to 20 minutes before departure. If you have baggage, then you drop it off at special 'Fast bag drop off desks'.

You no longer need to be a member of the BA Executive Club to take advantage of this, and recent enhancements enable all passengers to check in up to 24 hours before departure.

Previously, an Easyjet fan I have been won back by BA with this service and unless Easyjet introduce a similar capability on routes out of Gatwick, that Easyjet and BA compete on. I can see a lot of passengers switching back to BA. As more often than not fares are now comparable and no one likes standing in long check in queues.

Used it back in February, and thought it was very good.Then you could only check in 12Hours before, so 24 is now even better. Only problem in February ,Toulouse airport did not have a bag drop off point so still had to wait in line, but at least i had my seat.

Fully agree, this is a godsend, especially if you're taking LHR/Paris out of T4 where the queues can be utterly horrendous.   As a BA Exec Card holder we've been able to do telephone check-in followed by fast drop for some years on certain routes saving so much time and hassle at Heathrow.   Re prices, if you can book well in advance, BA has some quite good deals.  I felt the sixty quid LGW/Bordeaux return was pretty good value earlier in the year and there would have been cheaper options if we'd booked earlier.  M

Archived