Complete France Forum

Coming on a road trip, UK - France

ProzaK

Hi all

Nice to be here, great forum!!

Well my name's Marc, and as the title says, my friend and I are soon to be departing for the great country of France in a little over a week and i'd just like to ask for a little advice on all that I need to have with me for a good road trip!

Basically, we plan to cross on the EuroTunnel, drive to the southern part of France and then back up again on the way home, obviously staying in Hotels and B+B's on the way.

Obviously I need:

My car - check

Passport - check

Motor documents (and license) - check

Plenty of money (euro's) - check

Changes of clothes - check

All my toiletries etc - check

Now i'm struggling........what else am I going to need? (i'm sure i'm forgetting a couple obvious items)

Thanks a lot for your help!

I think you need to be carrying spare light bulbs for your headlamps and a warning triangle. (some one will tell me if I am wrong)

A red Michelin guide - hotels, restaurants etc - available in English in the UK. Worth every penny IMHO.

I think it sounds quite an ambitious trip - have fun

Thanks guys, the headlamp converters was something I had in mind but omitted earlier accidentally. Totally forgot about the warning sign.

But, alas, the trip may not go ahead.......my passport is out of date and I don't know if I fancy paying £89 and travelling to Newport (from Somerset) to get it renewed.

If you look on the EoruTunnel website there is a comprehensive listing of all the legal requirements for driving in France, that said, it all appears to have been covered above.  If you go to Spain you might want to think about hi-vi vests in case you break down in an unlit area.

Archived