Complete France Forum

Brittany Ferries

I'm definitely miffed!

BF Property Owners Club 2005 annual membership increase from £55 to £75, for France & Spain membership. But if I wanted to just get my membership to be for France only (£45 up from £40) , then I would have to join again,  with a new joining fee of £35!!!!!!! (£50 to register for France & Spain)  Why does it cost extra to register to for France & Spain as it does for France only on the same website? I'm not really interested in the answer.

BF on the Western Channel crossings do not seem to be reacting to the price war out of Dover, but with P&O pulling out of Portsmouth, BF seem to be applying swingeing price increases across the board. With the price varying according to the time/load/booking factor it is impossible to find the base line fare.

What was an enjoyable trip from Portsmouth, avoiding the drive to Dover and back down to join my usual route south has now become a viable alternative. So cheers to the Channel Tunnel, Speedferries, SeaFrance and P&O, you are all now worth using even it means an additional 300 miles and a possible extra overnight on the the road.

Unless things change next year I am sure that I will be with many other BF Property Club members who will vote with their feet, well drive the extra mileage.

My that feels better!!

I agree entirely.

I shall not be renewing my membership next year.  I travelled with BF at the beginning of April and returned at the end of June. The fare was £345, including the dog.  Travel was overnight on a Tuesday.  I'm returning early August until October and for the same journey it's £465.  I'm not paying it.  I've got a Sunday overnight crossing with P&O, returning from Calais, and the fare is £165.

In future I'll drive to Dover and save over £300 per journey.

I will be renewing my membership it worth it for me

the last trip cost  £259 ,  book for  a trip this  August is  £285 and also booked in September £213

this is for a car 2 person  10 day return trip

we go every month for 10 days

No way do i want to drive another 300 miles

Archived