Complete France Forum

Speedferries Fuel Surcharge

That's interesting.  We've just booked our crossing for 24th/28th November and no mention at all!!  As it's a free crossing I think I might notice a surcharge of £8.  I wonder if they haven't made the charge because it was supposed to be a free crossing.

Incidentally, they've just been awarded Channel Operator of the year and have introduced a new pricing policy, which is the opposite to most.  ie  £20 each way if you book within 48 hours of sailing and £30 each way if you book in advance.

Guest CFrost

Hi, we too had a surcharge going both ways at the end of Sept, this was due fuel cost increases.  Didn't mind paying though 'cos crossing already cheap as chips

Kimberley

• 3 weeks later...

Just been looking at Condor Prices for a quick trip in November and noticed that they have now introduced a fuel surcharge on cars as well as per passenger.  I queried this with them and they said they had to because of the high cost of fuel now.

Seems a poor excuse to me as they are already charging per person, now an extra cost for your vehicle so those not travelling as foot passengers are hit twice.

I wish someone could come along and sort out the ferry companies operating on this route as we are really stuck with Condor and Brittany.

PaulaL

Archived