Complete France Forum

French Vs UK Removal Costs & Plants?

We are planning to put our household contents in storage until we have bought a property in France (Poitou-Charentes).

Any ideas of the removal costs from Belfast to France (NI based company) compared to costs of a French Company collecing goods from storage?

Also can we legally bring potted house plants & garden plants into France?

Advice much appreciated.

I have no idea about removal costs, I suggest that you look in your local Yellow Pages or do a google  and get some estimates, some do them on line.  The costs depend on how much Cu M's you bring so other people's experiences and costs are no use unless they had exactly the same size load.  I could say that it cost me £3000, but I had 42 cu metres, you may only have 25.

But you can bring pot plants.

Hello & thanks Ron for your reply.  

I have emailed several Belfast based "international" removal companies for a quote for a 2-bed house removal (estimate 3x transit van loads) but none seem to want the business as I haven't had a response!

As we could remove the contents into storage ourselves (except the plants) I was wondering if a French Company could do the job cheaper using routes to the Republic of Ireland.

I was hoping anyone who relocated Ireland to France may have been able to advise.

Further thoughts appreciated or recommendations of companies in Poitou-Charentes.

Archived