Complete France Forum

Closure of Birmingham airport - strike action

Llantony

Help!  I've just found out Brum airport may be closed on several days end November - January.  Of course Boxing Day, which we have booked for via Flybe, is one of them.  So anyone planning to fly from Brum, or who has visitors planning to, should be a little concerned.

Does anyone know what would happen if we couldn't fly due to this?  Cheapie (supposedly) airlines usually have a no money back clause in their small print. Obviously if we can't fly there, we can't use the return flight either (though Jan 1st isn't one of the days of possibly closure) As OH is a teacher, we can fly a week later.

"Does anyone know what would happen if we couldn't fly due to this?  Cheapie (supposedly) airlines usually have a no money back clause in their small print."

Firstly let's hope the airport is not closed. If the airline have to cancel the flights, they will offer you either a full refund or an alternative flight if seats are available. I think Gill's suggestion should be followed up quickly as if you get in first then you may get the pick of any alternatives flights.

There is a full announcement on the Flybe website:http://www.flybe.com/news/0511/22.htm

Baz

[quote]"Does anyone know what would happen if we couldn't fly due to this? Cheapie (supposedly) airlines usually have a no money back clause in their small print." Firstly let's hope the airport is not cl...[/quote]

Hi, thanks,

I already checked the Flybe website, it still says 'Flybe passengers travelling on these days to and from Birmingham are currently advised to travel and check-in as normal.'

Trouble is we're stuck with school hols and I suspect the next one - Feb half term - will already be booked. They aren't yet booking for May.  We're taking the car at Easter..

Emailing Flybe is a waste of time, I am still waiting for a reply from last week about the damaged case I reported 2 weeks ago.

Archived