Complete France Forum

Night crossings Brittany - UK ???

Normally, when we travel to Brittany we go BF Portsmouth - St Malo, which usually means a night crossing outwards and a day crossing back. We are likely to do a lot of weekend trips in the next few months and I'd like to find a way of travelling back Monday night. BF have a Tuesday night Roscoff crossing, but that means losing an extra day's earnings.

Can anyone suggest a night crossing within a reasonable distance (2-4 hours) of Rennes?

For many years we  used BF from Portsmouth to St Malo overnight crossing going to Brittany and then go home via Caen overnight crossing back to Portsmouth, which got back to Portsmouth around 7-8am

Hope that helps - but haven't checked if they still do this crossing (although they did last year)

JT

I think that you will find it much more expensive to go out and back with different carriers as you will have to pay single fares rather than the cheaper short break returns. As well as Caen to Portsmouth overnight you could also look at Cherbourg to Poole which, I think, has an overnight crossing as well.

Archived