Complete France Forum

Even cheaper!

Thought it would be worth 'spreading' good news re a seemingly cheaper way to book on Transmanche Ferries.

Up until now I've always gone through  AFerry.com as it seemed to be the only 'avenue' open to book online as it was not possible to book on the Transmanche's site itself. It was cheap enough and I was quoted £166 return from Newhaven to Dieppe at the height of the summer hols in August...BUT as it had a small clause at the bottom stating this 'may not be a definate' booking I decided not to chance it and rang the freight telephone number in France on the Transmanche site (Freight Sales; (0033( 0)232145207); spoke to a very helpful French woman who spoke good English and she booked me the same crossing, confirmed it as definate by giving me a booking ref number and emailed the connfirmation to me. She also confirmed it was on the new ferry but best of all the price was £133!!!!! £33 cheaper.....................Go for it. My motto is..the more people discover this little jewel (and I understand the negs with Newhaven and the old ferry etc etc), the better the service will hopefully become..Dieppe is also such a great little French port with lovely restaurants etc............then you've got he new A28 to boot..what more could you ask for.

A[:D]

Yes you're right BUT that can be misleading and no cheaper taking Speedferries if you live near Newhaven (not everyone lives in London or North of it!!). You save petrol and stress on that awful drive up the M25 and M20, only a hop and a skip to Newhaven and you've a good deal less driving when you arrive the other side, (thats if you're heading south), saving petrol  again so having done both I would say Transmanche works out no more expensive.

A

Archived