Complete France Forum

LD Lines Booking problems

Joh

I wrote back in April, against another posting, how impressed I had been with LD lines and how I had a problem with my French CB card and them being able to process it when I telephoned.

However.....

I am now trying to book my return crossing for the end of July and am having quite a different story.

LD lines keep telling me that there must be a problem with my card when I know d*** well there isn't! There is no where on the website for me to say that I want to pay by CB and their call centre staff just try and put the card through as a Visa and then say it is not working. I have even given them my previous booking details but to no avail. I am currently living in the hope that the message taken by someone the other day WILL get through to the person who managed to make the booking in April and she WILL ring me back!

Has anyone else booked LD with a CB card - and if so HOW pppppppppllllleeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssseeee!

I really don't fancy the drive back from Dover to Southampton when I can arrive almost on my own doorstep and I am NOT paying BF prices for the convenience (working out nearly 3 times the price for the same crossing).

Any help / ideas gratefully received.

I booked a few weeks ago with a CB through the website and had no problems, the only thing was working out whether it was considered as a credit or a debit card. I can't remember which I put first, but it was the other one. But I definately put in that it was a Visa, that's what's written on the card and that's what I put every time I use it on-line

Archived