Complete France Forum

Flying Angers to Southampton

WendyG

I booked on the net a flight for my friend from Angers to Southampton for Tuesday 26 September 13.20 hours.  I gave my telephone numbers and e-mail address on the booking.  The cost was E89.  Fine.

I drove down to Southampton with my 8 year old grandson to collect my friend and part way there was advised by him that the flight was delayed by 1 hour. Again fine.  When we arrived we then received a further phone call to say the flight had been cancelled due to bad weather.

Now yesterday the weather both in the Loire and southern England was glorious - a perfect summer day in fact, with blue skies and sunshine.  I dread what to think if they should experience rain!

The passengers in Angers were offered an altrernative flight for Wednesday from Rennes (which was too far for my friend to travel as he was relying on someone to take him to the airport) or alternatively Thursday, which option he was forced to take.

The whole point of travelling on the Tuesday was that he had a Warfarin check on the Wednesday, would have a clear day before we travel to Tenerife on Friday.  Now due to the action or should I say non action of Flybecom the whole situation is under threat.

If the flight on Thursday is again cancelled he will be unable to take the holiday to Tenerife.

Checks were made with fr.meteo and the weather was given as clear and sunny. 

Travellers beware.  We will certainly think long and hard before travelling this route again.  We normally travel BF and have never had such treatment.

Archived