Complete France Forum

Ryanair New pricing structure

Lollie

Hi,

Can anyone make sense of it?     Yesterday to book a weekend away with my 12 year old daughter was 47 euros.   1c each plus taxes, today,  76 euros  1c for an adult 5e 1c for A CHILD????? plus taxes. But if I put her as an adult its 68 euros, 1c plus taxes . So the taxes have gone up plus they now charge more for a child seat. I cannot find anything on their website explaining their policy for child pricing.

Lollie   44

Looking thru the prices from now  it  seems that children are not entitled to a web fare, so all web fares are just  adults and children pay the reg fare which is 5 euros each way dearer.    I know 10 euros is not really much,  and I know their prices most of the time are good value, but WHY???  Surely publicity wise it would be better to charge 5e more on an adult and say that chldren get & 5e reduction, or  do they really not like families travelling Ryanair? 

What would happen if you booked them an adult seat? once you get to check in.

Lollie

Ryanair works on bums on seats and bags in holds.

1 child = 1 seat + maybe a bag in hold

1 adult = 1 seat + probably a bag in hold

if you don't like it drive to Heathrow and take Air France (which a change in Paris) at 50 times the price.  That's Ryanair's business model.

I don't much like the way they do their pricing either but at the end of the day it is still the best deal I can get.

Disagree there,  as I would normally have booked baggage for both of us but have just booked one today.

1 adult,  likely to take cabin luggage; thats what hubby does.

1 adult with child, will  book in baggage.

Anyway we all agree that they are far cheaper than BA and Air France, except for school holidays.   Its the rounadabout way I dont understand. They havent even bothered converting  its 5 euros or 5 pounds dearer.

Lollie

Looking at this again today, it would appear that I perhaps booked my seats in the middle of web changes to their site, as today child prices are available as web prices the same as adults.   Do you think I should be able to claim back the difference charged to me? where would I start?

Lollie

Archived