Complete France Forum

getting grown-up kids on the system

hoverfrog

My 23 yr-old daughter has just moved back home, after a year in Germany. Trouble is, home is now in France...

She's not working yet, so how do I go about getting her on the system? CPAM? ASSEDIC?

She's covered for health, etc, in Germany until the end of August as technically she's taking her overtime and paid holiday.

Do I add her to my SS number as a beneficiary through URSSAFF (like my ex-OH was for 2 1/2 years) or can she get one of her own?

My 22.5 year old had to get her own SS number when she was 18 for weekend/holiday work and for upper Lycée and University health care. They can only stay on your cover if your regime allows it as she it technically too old and not a registered french full time student and must get her own cover and SS number. Once she signs on with ASSEDIC and then the ANPE etc they will assist herand tell her where to go for all this official stuff..My son20, has just been issued with his new SS number for university and will have to take out their seperate health cover too as ours will not be transferrable.

Archived