Complete France Forum

Paris to Vire - metro track

Coco

OH is on his way back from Nimes tomorrow and he needs to get from Gare du Lyon to Paris Montparnasse in 30 minutes to catch his connection.  First question:  Is this possible?  And secondly, can anyone tell me the line(s) he needs to get and maybe if Will is looking in, I know he uses this line regularly, what platform does the Paris-Vire train go from?

I agree that 30 minutes on the metro should be possible, but doesn't really leave much margin for error, particularly as it is a very long way at Montparnasse from the metro to Montparnasse 3 (Vaugirard), whch is the bit that the Vire/Granville trains use. Having once made the last train of the day with less than a minute to spare thanks to delays on the RER from the airport I wouldn't recommend rushing. 

I can't remember the actual platform numbers, but as you look towards the ends of the lines from the main hall, it's the platforms on the extreme right (the highest numbers). To get there, you have to go along the full length of the main platform and up the steps at the end. The map on this page might help http://www.bonjourlafrance.net/france-trains/stations/gare-montparnasse-station.htm

Archived