Complete France Forum

Transmanche Ferry cancelled tonight

Marym2

Too late to help you with this sailing - certainly our booking for Fri 17th was cancelled but at least Transmanche phoned us 24 hrs in advance as gale force winds were expected.  Coming back on the 23rd on the 1 am, we had a 11.5 hour ferry crossing from Dieppe which had to go to Portsmouth instead of Newhaven and the delay was extended as we had to wait for a berth vacancy.  We were still pleased to get home safely.  Other ferries over the weekend have had delays so it is worth checking before you leave home.

As someone residing about 4 miles form Newhaven, I have noticed that the morning ferry stays in port when there are storms in the Channel.  We have decided to a short trip via Transmanche just before Christmas, so just hope the storms have abated by then...

Julia, on the not so sunny south coast.

Just back from the trip, the ferry cancelled that day caused me great prolems as I had an extra 5 hours added ( longer trip more rests ) this was the start of a nightmare week. arrived at the house only to find that some people/s had broke into the house and stole most of our tools and materials. Longer post  about this ( caught a jam for four hours return trip to London after the another wait for Transmanche to lower the ramps ) later.

Archived