Complete France Forum

Space for one

David J

I'm returning back to France on Thursday 14th December via Speedferries leaving at 8.00 and would have room in car for one or a couple. Driving down to Charente Maritime with an eta of about 7.00pm.

If interested please contact..

Leaving North Yorks at 2.00 via A1, A14, M25 & M20

Returning 4th January with space also.

Have a good weekend.

David J

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reply. I've done this trip regularly now for nearly three years so the car knows the jouney well. I always catch the first Speedferry crossing so that I miss the traffic. I leave N Yorks about 2.00 am and it takes me 4 hours 30 mins to Dover and then 8 hours driving from Boulogne down to near Montguyon. so will be there for about 7 - 7.30 depending number of stops, normally 2.

Don't think the forecast is very good for mid week but the welcome is always fine at the end of the journey. Are you returning the same day?

Hope you have a good trip.

David J

PS This is a freebie as Speedferries gave me a voucher on my last trip outward and another on return so still have another freebie return to take before 29th of March!!

Hi Peter,

Hope you had a good trip over yesterday. Speedferry crossing for meet at 8.00 was a bit rough but journey after was fine and arrived at property at 7.15.

Met English single traveller on board and did my good deed of the day and helped him through Rouen and we had a coffee near Dreux.  We continued  together in tandem until he stopped off in Angouleme for the night while finished my last hours driving. He was off to region 64 near Oloron-Ste-Marie today so still some miles to go.

Very frosty over night but good to see the blue skies now.

Got to stop and get ready for our new baby girl (filly) to arrive in an hour so need some hay in her stable etc.

Have a good week decorating and a safe journey back

David J

Archived