Complete France Forum

Easjet & New Tax

aj_dr

My son came down for Christmas and is returning for another 2 weeks on the 20th Jan. all flights were booked back in August. I had an e-mail from Easyjet just after Christmas telling me that I had to pay the extra tax before the 15th Jan as he returns on the 4th Feb. and the new tax is payable if you fly from a UK airport after the 1st Feb. There are 2 flights involved each way, Edinburgh - Luton, Luton - Bordeaux, so basically there is one flight involved on his return journey. When I first looked at the booking invoice it was asking me to pay an extra £20, I didn't pay at the time but subsequently when I went to pay it was £5.......seems as if Easyjet had things not set up their computer correctly!!! I wonder if they would have refunded the £15?? Anybody else had this problem??

As my son comes down with only hand luggage he decided it would be easier if he booked in on-line, his only complaint is that he is always in group C for boarding. Why he asks as he is saving them time and money, he checks in before the check-in's have opened!!

aj

[quote user="aj_dr"]

seems as if Easyjet had things not set up their computer correctly!!!

aj
[/quote]

Looks that way doesn't it & yes, I doubt whether you'd have got a refund.

I believe that BA & Ryanair have opted to absorb the tax hit for bookings made before Brown's announcement.  Hope so.  It would have been a logistical nightmare.

Archived