Complete France Forum

FLYING RYANAIR POST FEB 1ST - READ THIS

AnOther

From another thread:

[quote user="Gardian"]I believe that BA & Ryanair have opted to absorb the tax hit for bookings made before Brown's announcement.  Hope so.  It would have been a logistical nightmare.[/quote]WRONG...!!! and it is giong to be a nightmare. Ryanair have said:  

THE NEW TAX UST BE PAID BEFORE MIDNIGHT PRIOR TO THE DAY OF TRAVEL OR YOU AIN'T GOING - PERIOD, THERE'S NO PAYING ON THE DAY.

All affected passengers are supposed to be notified by email but no way is that giong to catch 100%. There will be those who are away and without internet access, those with crashed or maybe even stolen computers, some may have changed ISP & therefore perhaps email address, the list goes on.

To make a tax (of any nature) retrospective is outrageous, unconscionable even downright vindictive.

I'm not sure the ramifications of this measure have sunk in to GB's tiny mind yet and as the furore gathers momentum, as it surely will, and they realise what a monster has been created, (and for the sake of a relative pittance), I wouldn't be surprised to see a last minute U-turn. It wouldn't be the first time !

Incidentally, I see there is not a word about this on the Ryanair website........you may wonder why.

My theory:- Ryanair is spoiling for fight with the UK government and the more unhappy punters they've got the happier they'll be.

Archived